Well, my gluten-free frustrations always give way to a renewed energy for making GFCF meals my family will rave over, and this morning brought new success.
This coffeecake recipe comes from Lisa Lewis' cookbook Special Diets for Special Kids - Two and it was created by Sue Crosby, creator of the wonderful GFCF Quickie Baking Mix. This cookbook and its predecessor have a wealth of information on the science of this diet, research material, substitution information and tips on helping kids try new foods. But honestly, I have had no trouble getting my kids to try any of these delicious treats. And I'm learning a lot of new GFCF baking tricks in the process.
I used DariFree for the milk, and Bob's GF Baking Mix (basically 4-bean flour) for the flour. This is DELICIOUS!
Ingredients
Batter
1 beaten egg (or egg replacer)
1/2 cup GFCF milk
1 cup GFCF flour
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons safflower oil (I used canola and it was fine)
2 teaspoons GFCF baking powder
Topping
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon tapioca starch
1/4 cup chopped nuts (I omit these)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon GFCF margarine, melted
Beat batter ingredients together until smooth. Pour into a greased 8x8x2 inch pan. Mix topping ingredients and sprinkle over top of batter. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Toothpick in center should pull out clean when done.
No comments:
Post a Comment