Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Telephoto Tuesday



Welcome to the first 'day in the life' post on here. It may happen each Tuesday, it may happen at random intervals. It may never happen again. But we're here, and today's the day.

Today should have been a completely boring day. Really, I was home all day with the kids, had no transportation, no agenda and no guests. But as a dear friend used to say, only boring people get bored.
And we, friends, are not boring.

It's the middle of winter here, and that means 80+ degrees and sunny almost every day. There have been nice breezes coming over our front wall most days lately, and we spend a lot of time playing outdoors.

The first thing I did this morning was decide to give Henry a potty training boot camp. This may have been because I didn't want to wash diapers today. Never mind that. He is over three years old and needs to use the toilet eventually. Might as well practice.

He was sure I was trying to ruin his life. Without pants most of the day, we had several puddles. Yet another great reason to go outside. Don't have to clean up puddles in the grass.

While I have spared you those photos, we will include a few that feature Henry in his big boy underwear he got to wear on the bike.
Circus animal performing

Henry has just started riding his bike in the last week. He enjoys going 'fasterest'.

Today the bicycles were horses, and Ruby and Henry were circus ringmasters. Or performers. Everything and everyone became their subjects, including me. Lizards became fierce crocodiles. The lines in the brick pavers in the drive were tightropes, and the seeds and flowers in the crevices were tiny people and animals down below.


As the day progressed, Ruby and Henry moved to taming snakes made of long flowers from a plant in our yard. This takes a lot of concentration, by the intensity displayed above.

Ruby's snake then morphed into the Tickle Monster, a frequent guest at our playdates. Here it is coming to get me. Every Tickle Monster sighting has the same result - I turn into the Tickle Monster.

Fortunately, bicycles make for a quick getaway.



4 comments:

  1. Love the pictures!!! Looks like they are having fun with their imaginations :-) Keep the photos coming!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love seeing glimpses into your life! :) (and of course, the cute pics of your kiddos)...it is nearing the end of summer break and I have been looking forward to school a bit too much-thanks for the reminder to slow down and enjoy my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha, tiny people and circus animals! I can almost hear Henry's sound effects in the 2nd picture. Your adventurous spirit is far from boring! Tippmanns love the Devaishers EVERYDAY!!

    ReplyDelete