With Len in Kenya this week, we've had a more relaxed schedule. And despite the heaviness of some of my recent post topics, we do have quite a bit of fun here. Kids cause incidents of smiling to skyrocket.
Henry did say that it's more fun when Daddy's home. Len liked that.
Ruby and several friends attended a birthday party for one of their classmates. She and Happy got their faces painted with all things girly, but the pink glittery lipstick on Ruby made me thankful she goes to a school that doesn't allow makeup. Happiness had three glorious afro puffs on top of her head. Wear it proud!
Reading has always been a favorite activity, even moreso lately with the frequent power cuts. Shel Silverstein is a current favorite and we've put "I'm Being Eaten by a Boa Constrictor" to song. Their eyes light up in anticipation of the "mmmmmmhmmmmhmmmm" at the end, as the boa eats the narrator's head, and they laugh wildly. Funny little people.
Henry asked me to read "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" to him this week, and I said sure, thinking that he would lose interest after a page or two without so many illustrations, but we are now on chapter eight. He loves it and asks great questions about Mr. Tumnus and who ratted him out, and why Edmund likes Turkish delight and the White Witch.
I call this my 'dewey radiance' look. It's almost 100 degrees here and we are getting used to having fun while dripping with sweat. We're going to be hot, might as well have fun! Henry and I played catch this morning and Ruby is all over her new princess book she got from the library (how many princess books can that little library possibly hold???!). Life is good, when we remember to turn around and thank God for all his kindnesses. In fact, it leaves little time for self-pity parties!
We've had two playdates in the last two days and the kids are exhausted tonight. Thankfully, because I am too. Our playdate this morning was fun, and I had a great talk with a new friend on the way home. A couple of friends and I took the kids to a local restaurant after school today for a spontaneous snack/chat. I am reminded of how many great women God has put in my life both here and at home. Thankful for each one!



No comments:
Post a Comment