Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Meditation


A prayer born this Mother's Day, 2010:

Holy Spirit, cultivate in my heart infinite desire for holiness;
search my heart, straighten me to you.

Spirit of Christ, teach me.
ABBA, Father, discipline and comfort.

Let my lips speak only truth,
sharpen my discernment in your fire.
Let me hunger and thirst for your Word forever.

Rain your Spirit on my soul:
Fire that refines,
Wind giving life and breath,
Oil of anointing, preparing and maintaining, sustaining, restoring.
Dove of peace, of fulfilled promises,
bring courage and boldness and joy
like wine poured in celebration.

Seal my heart
that I may live with you always.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had a great Mother's Day. And I hope that, beyond the very much appreciated but too-short blog posts we are privileged to read, everything is just perfectly falling into place for you and your lovely family. As always, thinking of and praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete